222 W Hubbard Awarded LEED Certification
In October 2013, the U.S Green Building Council awarded Urban Innovations’ 57,000 SF property at 222 West Hubbard Street LEED Core and Shell Certified, one of the first heavy timber loft office buildings in Chicago to earn the designation.
LEED, Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design, is transforming the way we think about how our buildings and communities are designed, constructed, maintained and operated across the globe. LEED is a green building program that addresses the entire building lifecycle recognizing best-in-class building strategies. Building projects satisfy prerequisites and earn points to achieve different levels of LEED certification.
222 West Hubbard is:
- located within 1/2 mile of 10+ basic services & a residential district
- located within 1/4 mile of 4+ bus lines
- reducing island effect through its high RSI roof
- promoting smarter use of water
- saved 140,308 gallons
- promoting better building energy performance
- achieved an energy cost savings of 12.3%
- 98.1% of building was maintained during renovations
- 92.67% of construction waste was diverted from the landfill
- low-VOC construction materials were used
- using sustainable building materials & reducing waste
For more information, read the article here.